Name:
Location: New York, United States

I'm in my mid twenties, married, employed as a nurse, and trying to live my life to the fullest. I feel like i accomplished a lot so far. I'm where i want to be in life right now. I'm happy and i'm looking forward to the future. And i wouldn't want to share it with anyone else but you Kutta!!

Monday, July 25, 2005

"Small fish in a big pond"

So much to write but so little time. I'll try to keep it short though. Well, i officially started my orientation at Columbia last week. I feel like a "small fish in a big pond." The place is too huge for my country self :) Anyway, i like the change so far. Although i haven't gotten into my Unit yet. It's just been class room orientation, and i have another 2 weeks of that before actually getting to work in my Unit. , I'm nervous as well as excited. I never worked at a teaching hospital before. On top of that, this is one of the best hospitals in America (ranked #7 among US hospitals). So i guess i'm entitled to feel the way i do. I can honestly say the orientation is going well. I made a new friend, Valery. She reminds me so much of my good friend Koreen. So we hit it off well. I just wish she was working in my unit but we'll be neighbors :)
What else? After my first week of orientation, i really just wanted to stay home and sleep. Instead, i had a physically exhausting weekend but with lots of fun:) This saturday was our Church's Picnic. I thought i woudn't enjoy it but rather, i surprised myself by participating in all the games. I even won second place for the Three-Legged Race with our cousin Ancy. Although it was a lot of fun, i woke up next morning and i couldn't get out of bed because my whole body was sooooooooooo sore, i guess i'm really out of shape. I haven't had that much physcial activity in ages. I'm still sore and walking around the City doesn't help either. OH well!!
The only thing that sucks about my job is the commute. I've been having to depend on Saji and my in-laws for a ride. Although they are more than happy to do it, i don't like dpending on others even if it is family. So i'm learning to take the subway. I took it to work from Yonkers this morning. Of course i got completely drenched from the train as it waited for me to get out of the car :( Let's just say, my monday morning didn't start out great. But at least the train ride wasn't too bad. My hair was another story. And on top of that, i had to deal with a not so nice instructor. Why does women, especially nurses get a kick out of belittling their fellow nurses? I can never understand it, no wonder there is such a nursing shortage. Who wants to deals with that shit? We are supposed to be nurturing our young especially in a field like Nursing. That's what we are trained to do but i guess women are just too catty for their own good. It's a damn shame!!!
Anyway, i'm glad to be home and now i have to do some cooking. ANd i want to get some decent sleep as well. I'm not used to getting up the crack of dawn. It's going to take a while to get used to that! Oh how i hate changes but that's life!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home