Name:
Location: New York, United States

I'm in my mid twenties, married, employed as a nurse, and trying to live my life to the fullest. I feel like i accomplished a lot so far. I'm where i want to be in life right now. I'm happy and i'm looking forward to the future. And i wouldn't want to share it with anyone else but you Kutta!!

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Bonding Experiences.....

Once again i haven't had a chance to sit down to write my blog until now. Now i'm trying to remember of anything interesting that happened last week and nothing really comes to mind. Basically, my life revolves around working nights, sleeping during day-time and trying to get back to the "normal"everyday routine when i have off. So far i'm managing allrite but i love to be working "normal" hours though. I don't think i really minded when i was single, but now that i'm married it's just not the same. There are times where i don't see saji for 2 days in a row except maybe on the road, driving in opposite directions. That's pretty sad, isn't it? I'm working on switching to day-shift, we shall see whether i get it or not.
Well i had this weekend off and unlike last weekend, we didn't have anything really planned. But it still ended up being busy. We went to my parents on friday night and had dinner there. My parents are looking to buy a new SUV. My dad's Corolla is getting old and rusty. It would have been still running good if it wasn't for me getting into an accident a few years back. Ever since then, it hasn't been the same. Although i love to help them out with a new car, this is just not the time. We just finished paying the ridiculous property tax. And we still have some home improvements to do. Buying and maintaining a house is definitely not easy. But it's also worth it. Speaking of home improvements, guess what we did this saturday in the rain? Saji got me up early (10:30)to go with him to buy a lawnmower. And i had to go with him cuz it's such an "important decision" to make and of course, it's such a "bonding experience." And for the most part it was :) We got the lawnmower and trimmer and some other gadgets saji insisted we need. While saji was putting away all the machinery, i was getting wet standing outside the nursery in the rain. It took him a while to figure out how to fold my car seats to fit everything in. LOL :) Anywho, we ended up buying some roses and dahlia plants for our garden. It's still sitting inside our house but on my next day off, we need to plant it before it dies. I'm looking forward to fixing up our garden. Although i'm not a big fan of digging in dirt, it'll be nice to watch it grow and bloom, and know that we helped make it happen.
After we dropped off all the garden supplies, we drove to saji's parents and had lunch there. Mom had made one of my favorite dishes, dosai and idili. Yum Yum:) After lunch, we stopped by saji's cousin Joby's house and saw our nephew Leo. He is getting so big, and looking so much more like his daddy. Oh, He makes me want to have one of my own. And then it's back to reality which is finishing school, etc. Besides we are too young to have a baby yet, i'm still waiting for my cousins who have been married for a few years now. I won't mention any names, of course :)
Well that's all for now, I have a busy few weeks ahead, starting with this week. I'm working a lot of days so i can get 5 days off to go with Saji to Virginia in the middle of may. I can't wait to go away for a few days. I just have to suffer until then......