Name:
Location: New York, United States

I'm in my mid twenties, married, employed as a nurse, and trying to live my life to the fullest. I feel like i accomplished a lot so far. I'm where i want to be in life right now. I'm happy and i'm looking forward to the future. And i wouldn't want to share it with anyone else but you Kutta!!

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Sunny Days are here again :)

An absolutely beautiful day today, it actually feels like Spring. Spring is my favorite season, it's cool and not too hot. I hate the sticky humidity of the summer. It reminds me of India, where i spend my childhood. Although i had some good memories, i always hated the hot, humid weather. We went to visit India two months ago, and here i thought it's the cool season. Well i was wrong, because it was over 90 degrees every day we were there. It's so hot that you don't want to go outside. And of course since it was mine and saj's first time going to India since we've been married, we had so many relatives to visit. We'd leave in the morning, get in our little Ambassador car (with no Air-conditioning), and come back home at night completely sweaty and nasty. We took at-least two showers a day, if not more. And for me, the most frustrating part was trying to keep my hair to look decent. Let's just say, i never got the hang of it. I actually brought my Vidal Sassoon Mega Hair Dryer to India. And Electricity in India comes and goes as it pleases. Totally unpredictable! So the first time i used my hair dryer there, it blew out the fuse :) Saji was yelling at me cuz it took out the electricity, i guess it had too much power. OOPS!!
Anyway back to the present! I'm so happy that the winter is over. We moved into our new house in November and i did the long commute to my old job throughout the horrible winter we had. There was some scary moments. And the whole time we've been here, we have hibernated. We have yet to see the entire town. We just drive up and down Main Street or RT 6. So now that it's nice weather, we are going to go out and actually see the rest of Peekskill. It's actually a historic neighborhood, and it's located right on the Hudson and Bear Mountain. It's a picturesque area. Also now that it's nice outside, we have to do some cleaning up of our lawn and maybe do some gardening. We have so much work to do!! It should be fun though.
What else to write? Well, yesterday was my Mom's birthday. So we went to my parents house for dinner. And we also stopped by my aunt's place. She just got back from India after going there for her dad's funeral. My mom is in her early 50's, and she just been diagnosed with Diabetes. She always had hypertension and now this, two very bad combination. I'm a little concerned about her health. She exercises regualry which is good. She is in pretty good shape. I guess it's mostly her diet that resulted in the diabetes. Diabetes is so common among Indians, mostly because of the amount of Rice we eat. It's hard for me not to eat rice, atleast once a day because that's been my staple food. I feel like i'm not full if i don't eat rice. It's funny! I have to start watching how much i take though cuz diabetes runs in our family.
Today is my full day off so i'm just chilling. Actually i need to do some cleaning and shopping. But i don't feel like doing work. But i am being productive though. I've been meaning to check out some graduate programs. I want to finish my Master's but it's so tough to get back into the school mode. But Saji is threatening me, he is like "finish school or start popping out the babies." So i decided to enroll in College. After all, it's harder to go back once you have kids. Becuase we moved, it's going to be hard to go to the Mount which is where i started my Masters program. Also where i graduated with a BSN. So i'm checking out some colleges in Westchester. Pace is the closest one but it's too expensive. College of New Rochelle sounds good so far.
Anyway i gotta get back to doing some chores now.
God Bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home