Name:
Location: New York, United States

I'm in my mid twenties, married, employed as a nurse, and trying to live my life to the fullest. I feel like i accomplished a lot so far. I'm where i want to be in life right now. I'm happy and i'm looking forward to the future. And i wouldn't want to share it with anyone else but you Kutta!!

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Good Times!!!

Let's see what happended since the last time i blogged. Basically, the 4th of July weekend was awesome for the most part. I had six days off straight which in itself was great. We went to Lancaster, PA to see the show Ruth and Psalms of David at the Sight & Sound Theatre on the 2nd. Our whole church group went on a tour bus. Unfortunately saji was working but Jary came with me. It was a loooooooong ride and i slept for the most part but the show was really great.
The next day, it was Saji's cousin Benny's engagement in NJ. After the party, we came home and did some gardening and cleaning up our Garage. Fun, Fun :( Then we headed out to celebrate Benny & Kavita's engagement again at nightclub Deep in NY city. We haven't been out clubbing for the longest time. So it was actually a lot of fun, dancing and chilling in the City. The place was packed so we didn't hang out for too long. Besides we had to go to church the next day. And believe it or not we got home at 3 in the morning and went to church at 9:30. I felt so guilty because i was falling asleep in Church. But what is a girl to do? Besides it's not often we do that, only on rare occasions so it's all good.
In the evening, we headed out to Saji's Aunt & Uncle's house for BBQ and it was also their anniversary. So most of his family was there. We spent most of the time stuffing our face and playing Batmenton with all his cousins. It's been awhile since i played so i was a little rusty but after an hour, i got pretty confident and competitive :) Good Times!!! I paid for it the next day though . Talk about sore muscles.... I'm really out of shape. I need to restart exercising again :(
The next day was 4th of July, which was spent cooking mostly. My Dad and Jary came over to help Saji with installing shelves in the garage. Afterwards, they stayed for lunch. I cooked rice, veggies and beef curry. Yum, yum!! In the evening we headed out to my parents place for Barbeque and to watch the fireworks at the Cornwall park. It's a tradition, we always go see the fireworks at Cornwall. And it gets better every year!
On Tuesday, i had my Physical at Columbia. And i was off to work three nights in a row. I hate working 3 in a row. It's simply exhausting but unfortunately i needed friday and saturday off to attend another engagement party. I tell you, it's that season again... This Saurday was saji's cousin Julie's enagement pary in Edison, NJ at Royal Albert's Palace. It was my first time there, nice place. Mad people there, they had more than 500 guests. Unfortuanetly it was also the same time as the Anniversary Perunal at my parent's church. So we missed Jary singing his first malayalam song :) I really wanted to be there but the engagement party started and ended late so we couldn't make it to the Perunal. Hopefully we won't miss it next year. On our way home from Edison, we stopped by saji's friend Annie's house party, just to say hello and we ended up playing Spoon with them. It was quite entertaining. It was almost 2 am by the time we got home. Another late night out!! And we paid for that by sleeping through our alarm and waking up at 9 am, to miss most of the sunday morning mass. Of course saji blames me for it cuz i have a habit of turning the alarm off in my sleep (which essentially is what i did, but i definitely don't recall that). Anyway, now i'm back at work. This is my last week at my current job, working Nights. I'm looking forward to working normal hours and spending more time with my favorite person. At the same time, i'm also scared about working at a Prestigious hospital in the City. As exciting as it is, it's also very intimidating. Hopefully, i'll adjust well and enjoy it. Even if i don't, i'm just going to have to toughen it out, at least for a year or so.... For now, i'm just going to pray that everything works out for the best!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home