Name:
Location: New York, United States

I'm in my mid twenties, married, employed as a nurse, and trying to live my life to the fullest. I feel like i accomplished a lot so far. I'm where i want to be in life right now. I'm happy and i'm looking forward to the future. And i wouldn't want to share it with anyone else but you Kutta!!

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Birthdays & Celebrations.......

Well, i've been back in the work routine. But i had this weekend off to spend time with family and friends. It was a weekend of birthday celebrations: My SIL (sister in law), my cousin, saji's cousin Ginny and saji's buddy Sunil's Dad, all celebrated their special day this past week. Although i missed the family gathering at my in laws on friday night due to work, i was able to hang out with all of our friends and cousins at Dave & Busters for Gigi and Ginny's birthday party on Saturday. It was a fun filled and expensive night. Maybe next time we'll have it at our house, i mean $13 for shots?? Ridiculous!
And sunday after church, we headed over to Sunil's house for his dad's 60th birhday party. In Indian culture, turning 60 is a significant event. In the past, life expectancy in India was only 60 especially for males and now it's 70 or higher. Because of this, 60 is a significant age. Anyway, the party was outside, it was tented and catered. I got so teary-eyed when Sunil and his sister gave their speeches. It saddened me especially because i never did anything for my dad last year when he turned 60. I never did anything for my parents 25th anniversary.. i'm such a bad daughter. I did give them gifts and i always help out my parents as much as i can but i never surprised them with a party for those significant events. And those moments won't come again so i feel sad now... One of the reasons i never did anything is the fact that my parents are so old-fashioned. They don't really celebrate birthdays and anniversaries, compared to other parents i know. So even if i did something nice for them, they'll just yell at me for wasting money.. Anyway I'll make it up to them some other way....
I just want to send my good wishes to all of you who celebrated your bithdays. I hope this year will be a year filled with Love, happiness and good health for all of you. May God bless you abundantly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!